Monday, January 07, 2013

Cometose

Cometose:


Buy the new book, "Beaucoup Arlo & Janis!"Today's "Arlo & Janis!"

Today’s old comic strip is from yesterday. Above is how it should have appeared in newspapers and on the syndicate Web site. This is how it actually appeared. Obviously, the problem is in the third panel. When I became aware of the mistake Sunday morning, I raced to my computer to find someone to blame. Guess who I found? That’s right. Me. I sent it out of my shop that way. There was supposed to be some post-drawing board editing in Photoshop. Originally, the cartoon had been drawn this way. The idea was to reverse the black lettering, making it white on a black background. I got halfway there. I made the lettering white but neglected to reverse the sky around Arlo as young man. What th’ heck. As Julia Child said, Never apologize for your disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment